It's All Good...Until it Ain't...


So, this means I am off to a good start…twice in one week. Haha!

So, the last blog post was a cliffhanger, right? LOL It gave you just enough for me to decide what’s next. After writing that post I thought, “where do I go from here?” But I figured it out…so here goes! 

All of my 28 years, 10 months and 25 days I have felt and probably been bigger than the average person or what society says is “normal”. My weight fluctuates often I have been a size 5 and I have been a size 16. At this point in my life I am the biggest I have ever been. If you have seen me lately then you know I am a little “THICKUMS” LOL. Over the last year I have told myself “start getting in shape, workout more, eat less, eat better, yadda yadda yadda.” I have started diets and stopped them no sooner than 1 week into it. I have said it ALL but the motivation wasn’t there.

Losing weight didn’t become my reality until maybe a month ago when my NP looked at me and said “You need to lose 50 pounds now” or your entire life will change. The end part is what I heard in that moment; I know she said some other encouraging things but like in the movies she went silent and my thoughts got louder. What I heard was “every dream you’ve had can change, all that you have worked for can change, your health can change, which ultimately changes the lives of those around you. This is not the way you planned your future.” This was definitely a blow to my self-esteem (I’m still pretty though LMAO). I was shocked, I was EMBARRASSED, and I was scared. I know my husband loves me more than anything but when you are at the point I was you are not thinking clearly…it really IS temporary shock. After some tears and telling only my husband and 2 other people (Thanks ladies for listening, encouraging, and uplifting me) I realized that the NP also said “YOU’RE STILL IN CONTROL RIGHT NOW.”

Today, that is what I have done…I have taken back control of my life. I have told more people because I realize I can’t do it alone. I am on a weight loss journey that will REALLY change my life.  I’m not on your ordinary diet…I have way more at stake here than just “not looking good in my bathing suit.”  I am so grateful and beyond blessed to have a friend that’s a dietitian and she helps me tremendously; she checks on me and motivates me. I am even more blessed to have a supportive husband whose profession is based around Exercise Science and he goes through this journey with me daily. He works out with me, he encourages me, and he eats what I eat with a smile. This man never complains. (I love you Emanuel)

In order to lose my weight and also control my blood insulin while doing it I am on a low carb diet. I want you to know that since my mind set has changed, my motivation has changed. I can honestly feel the excitement and the willpower flowing through my body. Don’t get me wrong working out daily is hard…some days I am tired and don’t want to go but that’s where my super hero trainer comes in. LOL (and I do get mad at him when he is constantly saying let’s go…we’re going…come on!” AND he is sitting here telling me not to call him my super hero trainer….he doesn’t tell me what to do! Lol *Insider for all my Facebook friends) It seems that everyday since I have been doing this I make myself proud.

What I need from you is your continuous support. I don’t want you to go on a low carb diet with me…I just need you to follow along and read my blogs. I think sharing with people will help me along this process. If you want to get healthy by all means join in.

So, now that you know where I am. Where are you? Don’t wait until obesity is knocking at your doorstep and staring you in the face. Take control of your life and get motivated.

**Stay Pretty**

Toodles! 


                                      I had no choice! One of my favorite quotes!



Hiking! A fun way to burn some calories!!



Me and my favorite Dietitian!


My Superhero! LOL He may mean nothing to you but EVERYTHING to me! <3




Comments

  1. Awesome boo!!! So proud of you. Be near you soon. Dallas bound August 1. See you soon and best of luck on your healthy journey πŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaaanks Tiff!!!! I can't wait to see you!!! B already told me you were coming!!! πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ’ƒπŸΎ #FunTimes!!!!

      Delete
  2. So excited for you Shonda. I'm also happy that you decided to share it's inspiration for everyone. And blogging twice in one week...chile you on a roll. Love you Hun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaaanks Shawny poo!!! I was definitely hesitant! :) And you'll be on a roll soon! Lol we have to stick with it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I had a Miscarriage.

Black Girl in a Country World

Part of Life is Living