"To wish to progress is the largest part of progress."

Hey Ya'll!!!

To start things off, I have had another hard couple of weeks. I just can't seem to catch a break this year...but as always I am still moving forward and trying not to look back. This year is not over and I still have some pretty awesome moments to look forward to. On a brighter note I turned 1 year older. :)

I know everyone is waiting on an update with my weight and I am now FINALLY excited to share some results with you. I have struggled with seeing any results though everyone around me has been saying THEY see them. Lol...Remember, we are our own worse enemy sometimes. 

This is no easy journey but it does get easier over time and I am so happy to have stuck with it. There have been many days where I've had complete melt downs over what I can eat on-the-go and after searching for 30 minutes online for what I can eat at a restaurant I get there they tell me they have never heard of it (I still don't get that, Panera). Another example would be JUST YESTERDAY. Emanuel brought home breakfast tacos for our breakfast and I had a "moment" about how many carbs it has and how I really wanted a green smoothie but he didn't call to ask me what I wanted. I immediately had to apologize because THIS is a perfect example of what I addressed in my "Sticks and Stones" blog post. If you haven't read that blog GO READ IT...It was one of my most popular and most read posts. My husband got up early, went to wash his car, trying to make our outing perfect and decided to bring back breakfast because I was still asleep when he left. Instead of being thankful for a thoughtful husband who considered bringing breakfast for us I was upset because I wanted a smoothie. I realize I am not perfect and I now know I can be a bit over the top with my carb and calorie counting. I apologized to him and told him how much I appreciate him. So again, this is not an easy journey but I wouldn't want to go through it with any other man.  

So, yesterday Emanuel and I spent a full day out together...just the two of us <3 (I love dating my husband!!). While getting dressed for this outing on yesterday I took a mirror picture and as I was taking that picture it hit me....I use to take mirror pictures ALL. THE. TIME. and somewhere along the way that stopped. I am not sure when it happened but I am pretty sure it stopped when the weight started. Somewhere along the way I unconsciously stopped liking the way my body looked. Don't get this confused...I have never stopped loving myself but at some point I stopped liking what my body actually looked like in the mirror. This was a major moment for me and I immediately shared it with Emanuel (he thinks I'm always being deep and thinking into things lol "social working" myself as he calls it haha). But, at that moment I learned something about myself; I learned that deep down I knew months before the doctor even told me that I needed to lose weight I wasn't happy with the path I was taking as far as weight goes.  

I have never shared numbers with my readers...I am pretty sure it was some embarrassment there ( I am still working on that) but today I am going ALL IN! So the picture I am about to share is what 20 pounds off looks like! The left was taken July 4, 2015 and the right was taken on yesterday August 29, 2015...it's that mirror picture I talked about earlier. 


219 Pounds   vs     199 Pounds 

I would like for y'all to keep praying for me because this is just the beginning and I still have a long way to go. I have had a rough year but I am trusting the plan God has for me and I have Faith in this learning process. With all of the negative this is an AMAZING positive. Thanks for sharing in my journey!

Below are a few pictures from our outing yesterday we went to Lunch, Dallas Cowboys Pre-Season Game, and out for drinks. 








"I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way."  Carl Sandburg

Toodles, 
Lashonda, XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I had a Miscarriage.

Black Girl in a Country World

It's All Good...Until it Ain't...