Lift As We Climb

I've had a blog on my heart and I have been going back and forth about how to word it. I don't ever want my blog to be one sided or for someone to feel like my blog is not for them. I understand everyone won't relate to every single post but I don't want to re-direct a reader from my blog either. So, I have decided to just go with it.

This blog is about SUPPORT. Specifically, women supporting other women. Supporting each other and not making quick judgements and assumptions about someone you barely know. Over the years I have noticed that women find it really hard to support other women. When I see a female in a supervisor role, particularly for me, an African American female, instead of judging, turning my nose the other way, or jumping on the bandwagon with others that don't believe she is capable, I applaud her. I congratulate her. I let her success motivate me to do better. I SUPPORT HER. It's the crabs in a bucket mentality that I cannot understand. There's enough room in this world for us all. 

Women were counted out from the very beginning and the strides we have made today are outstanding. I understand adjusting to new leadership is challenging, I've been there, but I also know being open and supportive can be powerful for everyone involved. Don't be intimidated by another person's success be INSPIRED by their success.

I want everyone to be the best version of themselves possible and supporting them in doing that doesn't threaten me in any way. 

Today on my Timehop there was a post from 5 years ago. I was no doubt having a hard time in graduate school and this post is something I am still proud of myself for typing. It was directed to me and said, "Lashonda, you are a strong, determined, and not easily intimidated young woman. Today is just Monday and this week is just another week that brings you closer to success! You can do this; you were born to do it!! <3  

I mention this because this is ME. But, this is also YOU. You're strong, determined, and not easily intimidated. Don't be afraid to support someone else. AND, don't be afraid to call someone out and say, "you're wrong for pre-judging someone before you know their work ethic." 

Don't be that person because that's not a good person to be. Bitter, mean, hateful, envious, or jealous...none of those are good things to be. In college I was part of an organization called IDEAL Women. Our motto was "Lift As We Climb." Let's do that...let's all Lift As We Climb.

So, I ask that we women stand out...stand tall...stand strong and stand TOGETHER!! 

Toodles!
xoxo





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I had a Miscarriage.

Black Girl in a Country World

It's All Good...Until it Ain't...