Don't Be Mad: My Business Isn't Yours

A lot has happened in a few weeks time and as my last post stated we are not always in control. I'm truly at a point today in which I have to trust what God is doing in myself and Emanuel's life. Trusting and having faith doesn't make the pain any easier, It doesn't make it go away. It simply gives me hope for a brighter future and a bigger plan for our life.

One of the MOST important things I've learned throughout this process is to be careful what you say to people. I will no longer "fish" for information from people regarding their personal lives and personal problems. I won't make assumptions or suggestions about your life and what you should be doing right now at this time. Unless this information is solicited I will not make anyone as uncomfortable as I have been this last month. Even though we have no malice or ill intentions and we may be genuinely concerned (there are also people who just want to gossip) it's uncomfortable and really none of our business why they went to the doctor. I will simply say "you're in my prayers and I'm thinking of you. If you do need to talk I'm here for you."

I learned if anyone wants to share something with me they will and I won't have to dig for that information or throw out ideas of what I "think it is." I will no longer fish into their lives. We are all guilty of this; guilty of not accepting people's responses when they clearly state they don't want to address something or just flat out ignoring their obvious uncomfortable responses and body language.

Simply trust that if you are meant to know you will eventually know when that person is ready.

With that being said if I have avoided anyone or been guarded it's because I'm at that place in my life where I'm not ready to share and I'd rather avoid the uncomfortableness with you right now and just be comfortable figuring things out myself. It's not personal. It's life.

Keep me in your prayers and that will suffice for now.

Xoxo
Lashonda

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

[2 Corinthians 12:9-10]

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

[Isaiah 41:10]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I had a Miscarriage.

Black Girl in a Country World

It's All Good...Until it Ain't...