A Piece of My Heart

Yesterday I had the best moment. The greatest memory. An absolute happy place. In that moment everything was right with the world.

I've titled this a little piece of my heart because I'm self disclosing something about my relationship with my husband. Everyone knows I love my husband, I take lots of pictures, and I share parts of our life, but I don't share our purest moments. Those things are sacred to me. But when we had this moment I felt immediately in my heart it's something God wanted me to share. I even told Emanuel this afterward. So here I am...led to share a piece of my heart with you...a very sacred and pure moment I shared with my husband yesterday.

So Friday night we slept on the couch..watching a movie and never made it to the bed. Emanuel tends to wake before me so in an effort to not wake me he went into the bedroom to watch TV. Once I awoke I joined him and we just started to chat (We should've been preparing for the party we were having later at our house). Eventually we were tangled, holding hands, and listening to some of the sweetest music. He actually said there was one he wanted to dedicate to me which is why we started listening to music in the first place. We listened to Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden, Thomas Rhett's Star of the Show and Die a Happy Man along with some others. I knew this was a special moment for me...so I shared that with my husband. Communication is so important to us. (I need y'all to know soon after we had this moment he then said, "Play Versace on the Floor." Lol moment gone...time to get up! 24K got us up and moving!)

Back story: Emanuel and I have been together since high school and we have ALWAYS been attached at the hip. We did everything together and have seen each other at our weakest moments and strongest moments. We have literally grown together. 

 So any-who, as we laid in bed, I shared these words with him. I said you remember everyone said we shouldn't move in together, everyone said we were too young to be in love, or people said "Y'all are in love now but keep living. You're not going to want to be around him everyday. Y'all will grow apart." Here we are nearly 14 years later defying the odds, still cuddling, still holding hands, still dating, still loving each other, and still making memories. If we'd listened to "people" we wouldn't be here. He totally agreed!

I felt I needed to share this moment to say people love trying to write your life's ending. They want to write your love story. I never claimed the issues they said we'd have. I never claimed the opinions and predictions they placed over our relationship. I claimed love, happiness, and longevity with my husband instead. I wrote my own love story and my own fairytale.

People will try to make their experience yours...just because it didn't work out for them doesn't mean it won't work out for you.  DON'T CLAIM IT. Write your own story and live your own life. Once we took on our own motto of "It's just us. Always has been. Always will be." We've been moving forward every since.

This is a piece of my life people don't get to see and I'm okay with that, but when God places something on your heart you don't tell Him "No". So today readers, you get a little piece of my heart. 

XOXO
Lashonda


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I had a Miscarriage.

Black Girl in a Country World

It's All Good...Until it Ain't...