Letter to My Sister

I feel like I've written about this before but it's also a topic I can never speak enough about...LOVING YOURSELF. 

I am a firm believer in loving yourself since I too struggled and didn't always love myself as a young girl. I now know just how important it is. 

I've learned over the years that if you don't love yourself you'll fall for anything.  What I mean by FALLING FOR ANYTHING is you allow people to walk and trample over you, humiliate you, and slight you of your happiness . They have no sense of respect for you and the sad thing is they constantly prey on that vulnerability because they KNOW you'll always come back. 

It's similar to that abused animal that still longs for the attention of the abusive owner...or the battered child that still wants to be loved by their scolding and unloving parent. It's one of the hardest things I've ever had to watch especially when it's someone you love and care about. You feel helpless.

I know you have questions and hopefully I have a few answers.

So, how can one respect and love you when you 1. Don't love and respect yourself and 2. You don't demand respect? When it comes to your health, your life, and your healing demanding respect is a necessity. Being selfish with your heart and with your health is a necessity. Recognizing that you have to be solid in your own foundation FIRST is a necessity. Trusting that you deserve happiness and you are capable of being loved the way you demand is a necessity. 

Ask yourself, how many times have you felt insane? How many times have you did the exact same thing but expected different results? This can be at your job, with family, in a relationship, or even a friendship. Now ask yourself, "what do I demand!" You have to know who you are and what you demand...it is part of the growth. I recommend you sit and make a list of demands that protect your heart and your soul. What behaviors will you no longer accept? Once you truly know, THAT,  is the first step to getting to know yourself. It's the first block lifted off of whatever has been weighing you down.

Remember once you are completely free then you are truly in control of your life. Some people won't move forward with you and that is fine. They are use to the old you...they will not like the NEW YOU because the new you will demand they respect you! Those that haven't been showing you the respect you deserve will either step up to the plate because they truly care or they will walk away. You won't have to pick them out...just give them enough rope...they will hang themselves.  

If you take the first step then you are on your way towards knowing and loving yourself. It won't happen over night but trust me, it will happen. 

P.S. This doesn't mean make a list of the type of man you want with no kids, yada yada yada lol this is about you and how you are treated and what you are no longer willing to allow. 

XOXO 
Love you all...
Lashonda 


In no way is this for my actual sister...this is for ALL my sisters.  <3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I had a Miscarriage.

Black Girl in a Country World

It's All Good...Until it Ain't...