Don’t Miss the Small Moments

Hey y’all! I know...I know... I haven’t written in months. This is literally my first post of 2019 and I have absolutely no excuse. I just had no motivation to write. It’s funny how life works. One day I’m beyond motivated to write and share and other days so much has already been taken out of me that my energy level to do anything or be anything to another person or make one more commitment is absolutely depleted. What I will say is I’ve had to practice a lot of what I preach these days. You know self-care, not beating ourselves up, not sitting in disappointment, and so many of those other lessons we’ve discussed over the years. 

To be honest with you this place I’ve been in isn’t due to one single thing nor is it a combination of things. It’s a mindset shift. It’s personal growth. I honestly think I’m at a point in my life where major decisions are being made that will affect the rest of not just my life but my husband’s life as well. My brain is so full of “this is what you need to do to get here” that I have no space for anything else. I’m focusing on ENJOYING the small moments, ACCEPTING the hard moments, and TRUSTING those moments that are unseen. 

But, I AM making a promise to write and share more because honestly it’s a release for me but I know it’s a lesson for you as well. 

Take a little time this week to examine where you are in life. Not just financially but mentally, emotionally and physically as well. Is that where you want to be next year? Remember, having money is nice, but money doesn’t buy happiness so don’t just focus on where you are financially. Money doesn’t buy physical, mental, and emotional health. That takes dedication and consideration. That takes a conscious effort to be better, be different, and to make the necessary steps to get there. 

I took necessary steps this weekend to work on self care and spend time focusing on moments that matter. I got to see my nephew graduate high school. He was my sister’s first born but he is honestly like my first born as well. I was beyond happy to see him complete this accomplishment. Of course he doesn’t see the magnitude right now but there are so many little black boys that don’t make it so my heart swells with joy for him. I can only pray he continues to move forward and accomplish great things. 

I also got to spend time with 2 of my sisters and my nieces. The laughs I share with my sisters are always priceless. If I had to explain it it’d be like this “our laughs are that deep, from the gut, freeing of your soul, crying tears of joy, make your stomach hurt, long over due laughs.” Lol Whenever I’m with them I can be 100% ME! And that alone is enough to ground you and remind you of what’s important. I got to see my dad and my in-laws which always brightens my day as well. One major personal growth accomplishment for me on this trip is that I stayed in Merit (my home) for the first time since my mom died. I haven’t spent a night in Merit, Mississippi in over 10 years. I know my mom smiled a little Thursday night.

Finally, I capped off my weekend with being in one of my absolute favorite places (the beach) with some of my absolute favorite people (Emanuel, Angy and Nick). All in all this 6 day 26 hour road trip, unknowingly, turned into a full blown growth moment for me and honestly I wouldn’t have it any other way.

So, there’s proof that I’m practicing what I preach and I’m living and enjoying the small moments. You should do the same. Let’s focus on personal growth together this season and paying close attention to those small but life shifting moments. ❤️

Xoxo
Lashonda 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I had a Miscarriage.

Black Girl in a Country World

It's All Good...Until it Ain't...