How’s Your Marriage?

 

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud." 1 Corinthians 13:4


Heyyyyy y’all! I’m back on the keyboard and I couldn’t be more excited. I decided to write this instead of podcast it because I really want to take my time and get this right. Today while I was showering many things were placed on my heart. What I needed to do was confirmed even more because everything today and this week aligned with everything, I mean ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, the pastor taught today. This blog post is about growth, change, love, support, acknowledgment, and self assessment. I want to make sure that’s clear first and foremost. I want to ask you, genuinely, how’s your marriage? What is your marriage rooted in? 


My time with God has seemed to happen in the shower these days. While I am thanking and praising Him he speaks back. So as I was showering this morning I found myself thanking God for my husband and for a marriage rooted in love that shines through in everything we do. We are definitely not perfect but what I can say is we are perfect for each other. I also don’t say this without hearing from others how they see our marriage and how we positively impact theirs. I don’t assume anything. 


Emanuel and I have lived in 5 different states and 8 different cities combined. Needless to say we’ve met a lot of people and witnessed a lot of marriages, some still our friends today. We have seen marriages rooted in love, joy, happiness, and support. We have seen marriages rooted in power and control, money, contentment and comfortability, fear, and even disrespect...leaving one partner completely voiceless. Now that you have a better idea of where I'm going, ask yourself again with the intent of being completely pure and vulnerable with yourself, what is your marriage rooted in? Whatever your true and authentic answer is doesn’t mean your marriage is perfect and it doesn’t mean your marriage is awful if it’s rooted in one of the latter. What it does  call into question is if you’re being honest with yourself and your spouse and if you’re doing the work to truly set your marriage up for success. Faking it or going through the motions and hoping things change without acknowledgment and doing the work solves nothing. What can you do at this moment to lay your pride to the side and bolster your marriage and and honor the relationship you want to have with your partner? 


I honestly don’t know why this topic was placed on my heart today but all I can do is be obedient to what God has asked me to do and put it on paper and into the world. Obviously, someone may need it or He wouldn’t have given it to me and I am honored He trusts me and my gifts to deliver this message. 


I want nothing but for this message to impact you in a way that moves you forward. I want to see your marriage strong and healthy. I want to see beautiful relationships rooted in love, kindness, respect, and honor. God wants to see your marriage grow and succeed. He wants you to know it’s time to do the work. It’s time to speak up for yourself and honor your marriage. 


Xoxo

Lashonda


"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."- 1 Corinthians 13:7 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I had a Miscarriage.

Black Girl in a Country World

It's All Good...Until it Ain't...