Part of Life is Living

Hey Ya'll!!! 

I know I have been missing in action for a few weeks but I have been on the go for the last few weeks. I had a craaaazy couple of weeks at work and when things finally settled down I was in travel mode. 2 weeks ago I traveled to see a friend in Arizona, which is a gorgeous place by the way, I will share pictures of that later.  AND, this past weekend I was in Mississippi seeing family and preparing for my upcoming 10 year class reunion...YES, 10 YEAR!!! (OMG)...But anywhoo...

Today I wanted to share some things I have been feeling as it relates to LIFE and LIVING LIFE!! I am no expert...just a Social Worker, Mental Health Professional, and Therapist. LOL  

So, earlier in the week I was riding in my car and my past came flashing before my eyes...All of these things I said I wanted to do as a child was running through my head. Everything I said I wanted to do, I wanted to accomplish, places I wanted to visit....EVEN THE PLACES I SAID I WANTED TO LIVE. So I quietly asked myself am I living... have I done some of these things...have I made my mother and father proud?? (I am not being dramatic...I am being very honest...I really do have these moments) So I began to think about where I was as it relates to where I am now. As a wife I go through life experiencing it with my husband so as I am writing this "we" will be used quite often. 

When we first met in high school we were 2 kids with no idea what LIFE really was but where we are today still leaves me speechless at times. We finished undergrad together and I went on to get a Masters degree while my husband sacrificed and worked while I attended school. We have gone through a couple of jobs to reach a place in life that we are happy with.

My husband and I support each other in everything that we do and we try to be honest in every aspect of our life. We travel together. WE PRAY TOGETHER, and we enjoy each others company. For us respect, love, and communication are the 3 most important things we incorporate into our marriage... ultimately this leads us to our happiness. We are literally together everyday and that is okay with me. We have been together for 11 years and even today I can say "Being with him everyday is fine with me." I know that at the end of the day it is always just me, him, and God.  We stay on the go and we love to see the world so when it comes to traveling, enjoying life, trying new things and just spending time with each other we don't neglect ourselves. We have earned it. As a couple we have lived in several states, sometimes in different states, (sacrificing for each other and our future), we have made 3 of our first big purchases together, traveled to several new places, and grown closer to God together. While doing all of these things TOGETHER we still maintain our individuality. 

I went back and forth about what to write and how to word this because I never want to come off as if I am bragging...I am simply happy, proud, and willing to help someone else along the way by telling them my life experience. This may very well NOT work for the next person but it works for US. Not only have we grown more in love, more in finances, or more in other "material" things...none of those things matter unless in some way you have grown more IN LIFE! By no means am I saying I am where I want to be at the end of my life.... and neither am I saying that I have done everything right. Many roads that we chose to take were not the easiest and some led us to road blocks...we sacrificed, we cried, we fell down but at the end of the day we persevered. Lord knows, I am not there yet but I truly feel that I am on my way. 

What I have learned thus far in my life and what I have discovered our "chain" is is to RESPECT, COMMUNICATE, BE HONEST, SACRIFICE goes both ways, LOVE HARD, and ALWAYS BE HAPPY!!! If you're not...a link in your chain is missing.

As all of these thoughts ran through my mind tears filled my eyes and I said to myself...I AM living.  
Now ask yourself the same question I asked myself Monday morning as I was riding in my car...Am I living??? OR, am I just existing?

Hope this inspires someone to go for their dreams and live their life. All road blocks aren't meant to stop you...use that time to stop, think, and re-start.

COCOTIQUE Review coming soon! 


Toodles!

*ARIZONA Pictures below



Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading your post. I'm so happy for you guys!
    -Bonita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this thanks it really makes you think about alot of this in life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!! Thanks for reading!!! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I had a Miscarriage.

Black Girl in a Country World

It's All Good...Until it Ain't...